GWeb Information System (GWeb) provides 24/7 self-service secured access for employees to view current and historical employee information including current and past jobs. You are able to update personal and tax withholding information. Please note that you are only able to change state withholding information for VA, MD and DC on GWeb at this time. All other state forms can be found under Payroll Forms. Below are detailed instructions on how to update available self-service options.
- Accessing Your Pay Stub
If you sign up for Direct Deposit, you will receive an email notification 2-3 days prior to your pay date to view your pay statement in GWeb. Your electronic Pay Stub provides all earnings and deduction information on current and past paychecks. This is an easy, convenient, and secure way to access your pay history. You can use these Accessing Your Pay Stub Instructions (PDF) to view your Pay Stubs.
- Access Paystub after leaving GW
After leaving GW, you can use these Accessing Your Pay Stub After Leaving GW Instructions (PDF) to view your Pay Stubs.
Keep your addresses current by using the Address Update Instructions (PDF).
Specific W4 Address Update Instructions (PDF) will help you update your W4 address. Please note that updating your W4 address does not update your State Withholding Information.
- Direct Deposit
We recommend all employees enroll in direct deposit. You can allocate your pay in multiple accounts using fixed or percentage based amounts. Use these instructions to set up or deactivate direct deposit accounts:
- Federal and State Taxes
- To initially set up your Federal Tax Withholding, you can use the Federal Withholding Update Instructions (PDF) if your I-9 is complete.
- You can renew your Federal Withholding Tax Exemption with the Renewing Federal Withholding Tax Exemption Instructions (PDF).
- You can find line by line instructions (PDF) to complete a Form W-4 on the Payroll Services website.
State Taxes (VA-MD-DC):
- Your initial State Withholding for Virginia, Maryland, and DC can be set up using the VA-MD-DC Initial State Withholding set up Instructions (PDF).
- You can update your State Withholding with the VA-MD-DC Update State Tax Withholding Instructions (PDF).
- If your state of residence has changed, please follow the Changing Residency- State Withholding Instructions (PDF).
- You can renew your State Withholding Tax Exemption for VA or MD with the VA-MD State Exemption Renewal Instructions (PDF). DC does not require renewal of exemption.
- Form W-2
The Consent for Electronic Form W-2 Instructions (PDF) allow you to consent to receive an electronic W2.
Use the Printing Form W-2 Instructions (PDF) to obtain a printer-friendly copy of your W-2.
Visit the Form W-2 page for more instructions and information.
- Job and Salary History
You can view your Current and Past Jobs in the Employee Information Menu.
- Work Location
Employees are being asked to please review, update (if necessary) and confirm your W-4 and work location* addresses in GWeb.
An accurate work location address ensures that you are eligible for applicable benefits in the state where you work and appropriate state tax is being withheld from your paycheck.
Work location is where you physically work 50% or more of the time.
Please use these Confirming/Updating Work Location Instructions (PDF) to assist.