GWeb Information System (GWeb) provides 24/7 self-service secured access for employees to view current and historical employee information including current and past jobs. You are able to update personal and tax withholding information. Please note that you are only able to change state withholding information for VA, MD and DC on GWeb at this time. All other state forms can be found under Payroll Forms. Below are detailed instructions on how to update available self-service options.
If you sign up for Direct Deposit, you will receive an email notification 2-3 days prior to your pay date to view your pay statement in GWeb. Your electronic Pay Stub provides all earnings and deduction information on current and past paychecks. This is an easy, convenient, and secure way to access your pay history. You can use these Accessing Your Pay Stub Instructions (PDF) to view your Pay Stubs.
After leaving GW, you can use these Accessing Your Pay Stub After Leaving GW Instructions (PDF) to view your Pay Stubs.
We recommend all employees enroll in direct deposit. You can allocate your pay in multiple accounts using fixed or percentage based amounts. Use these instructions to set up or deactivate direct deposit accounts:
Your initial Form W4 needs to be emailed to [email protected] using your GW email address.
- After your initial form W4 has been received, you can update your Federal Withholding using the Federal Withholding Update Instructions (PDF).
- You can renew your Federal Withholding Tax Exemption with the Renewing Federal Withholding Tax Exemption Instructions (PDF).
State Taxes (VA-MD-DC):
- Your initial State Withholding for Virginia, Maryland, and DC can be set up using the VA-MD-DC Inital State Withholding set up Instructions (PDF).
- You can update your State Withholding with the VA-MD-DC Update State Tax Withholding Instructions (PDF).
- If your state of residence has changed, please follow the Changing Residency- State Withholding Instructions (PDF).
The Consent for Electronic Form W-2 Instructions (PDF) allow you to consent to receive an electronic W2.
Visit the Form W-2 page for more instructions and information.
You can view your Current and Past Jobs in the Employee Information Menu.
Employees are being asked to please review, update (if necessary) and confirm your W-4 and work location* addresses in GWeb.
An accurate work location address ensures that you are eligible for applicable benefits in the state where you work and appropriate state tax is being withheld from your paycheck.
Work location is where you physically work 50% or more of the time.
Please use these Confirming Work Location Instructions (PDF) to assist.
2013 H Street, NW, 3rd Flr
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
University Student Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052