The Health Care FSA remimburses you for health care expenses, incurred by you and your tax dependents, not eligible to be paid by insurance. $2,750 is the maximum election for 2021.
Grace Period and Reimbursement Deadline Extensions:
Due to recent Internal Revenue Service guidance in response to COVID-19, the university is adding flexibility for 2020 and 2021 Flexible Spending Accounts to allow more time for you to incur eligible expenses and use the funds.
The grace period to use your 2020 HCFSA funds is being extended from March 15, 2021 to December 31, 2021. The deadline to submit reimbursements to PayFlex is also extended from April 30, 2021 to April 30, 2022.
- The grace period to use your 2021 HCFSA funds is being extended from March 15, 2022 to December 31, 2022. The deadline to submit reimbursements to PayFlex is also extended from April 30, 2022 to April 30, 2023.
- To submit claims, please follow these instructions.
Eligibility and Enrollment
The HCFSA is available to employees who participate in the GW PPO, as well as those choosing not to enroll in medical coverage. Employee who enroll in the GW Health Savings Plan (HSP), and are not eligible for the Health Savings Account (HSA), may be eligible to participate in the HCFSA. Please contact Benefits for more information.
FSAs are elected using the EasyEnroll systemnas a new benefits-eligible employee within 30 calendar days from your date of hire, during Open Enrollment, or due to a Qualified Life Event.
File a claim
- You can be reimbursed for expenses incurred between January 1, 2020 through March 15, 2021.
- Submit claims directly to Payflex online or with a paper claim form.
- Attach the appropriate documentation including: an explanation of benefits (EOB), receipt or invoice.
- Documentation must include: provider or full name of product, patient name, amount and date(s) of service.
- Canceled checks will not be accepted in lieu of an itemized bill or receipt.
- Statements showing only a previous balance are not acceptable documentation.
- Benefits Programs
- Health Benefits
- Time Off and Leave
- Retirement Benefits
- Tuition Benefits
- Life & Disability
- Group Legal Program
- Wellbeing and Discounts
- Benefits Vendor Contact List
- Benefits Enrollment and Changes
- Commuter Benefits
- Annual Open Enrollment
- Annual Reports and Forms
- Benefits Events
- News and Announcements
- Benefits Advisory Committee
- Benefits Programs
2033 K Street, NW, Ste 750
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
Marvin Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052