Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA)
The Health Care FSA reimburses you for health care expenses, incurred by you and your tax dependents, not eligible to be paid by insurance. $2,850 is the maximum election for 2023.
Grace Period and Reimbursement Deadline Extensions:
Due to recent Internal Revenue Service guidance in response to the end of the COVID-19 National Emergency, the deadline for submitting claims incurred during the 2022 plan year for reimbursement has been extended.
- The deadline to submit reimbursements to PayFlex for claims incurred in 2022 has been extended from April 30, 2023 to November 7, 2023.
- To submit claims, please follow these instructions.
Eligibility and Enrollment
The HCFSA is available to employees who participate in the GW PPO, as well as those choosing not to enroll in medical coverage. Employee who enroll in the GW Health Savings Plan (HSP), and are not eligible for the Health Savings Account (HSA), may be eligible to participate in the HCFSA. Please contact Benefits for more information.
FSAs are elected using the GW Benefits Enrollment System system as a new benefits-eligible employee within 30 calendar days from your date of hire, during Open Enrollment, or due to a Qualified Life Event.
File a claim
- You can be reimbursed for expenses incurred between January 1, 2022 through March 15, 2023.
- Submit claims directly to Payflex online or with a paper claim form.
- Attach the appropriate documentation including an explanation of benefits (EOB), receipt or invoice.
- Documentation must include: provider or full name of product, patient name, amount and date(s) of service.
- Canceled checks will not be accepted in lieu of an itemized bill or receipt.
- Statements showing only a previous balance are not acceptable documentation.