Resources to Support You
The university offers programs and resources designed to assist you with both professional and personal concerns. Offices, personnel, and other sources of support are available to help you fulfill requirements and meet your goals smoothly and efficiently.
Located in Marvin Center, Suite 242, The Faculty & Staff Service Center (FSSC) is a one-stop resource for GW employees desiring support with human resource services, parking & transportation, taxes, payroll, and benefits transactions. The FSSC is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Among the services provided are the following:
- Completion and Verification of I-9s (Employment Eligibility Verification)
- Free Notary Services available for GW Employees
- Employment Verification Referrals
- Individual counseling sessions with retirement representatives from TIAA-CREF and Fidelity (by appointment only)
- Distribution of P-Cards, stipends, and A/P checks as well as approved VPN tokens
- Enrollment and payment for occasional and contract parking and payment of citations (credit/GWorld Debit payments only)
- Kiosk access and assistance to enroll in or change benefits elections (health and retirement)
- Resolution of or referral for a variety of HR issues
- Drop off point for documents for Payroll, Benefits, and A/P and University International Tax Departments
Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) team develops strategies, infrastructure, and processes that provide for the timely collection and dissemination of employee data and information to support data-driven decision-making related to human resource management and development.
- Completion and Verification of I-9s (Employment Eligibility Verification) including Remote I-9 process
- Employee Data and Records – electronically process employee data; verify select employment and benefit-related information
- Employee Self-Service – employees can access their employment, benefit enrollment, pay, and direct deposit information via the web. Employees may update their campus address as needed
- Select Biographic Demographic Data
- Human Resource Reporting and Analytics
- Employee Records Termination Process
- Banner access
The Equal Employment Opportunity & Access office (EEO/A) handles a myriad of workplace related concerns which includes and is not limited to allegations of unfair treatment, discrimination, and performance. The office also provides disability and religious accommodations. If you have any work related concerns and wish to speak with an EEO/A representative, please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity page.
Your manager can provide you with support and feedback to improve your performance and foster career growth. GW’s performance management (PM) process provides a framework that ensures that you meet with your manager at appropriate check points and receive meaningful feedback. The process engages you actively and positions you for professional growth and development.
HR Business Partners
The HR Business Partners in service delivery are HR generalists, serving as the primary contacts between departments/schools and other subject matter experts within HR. HR representatives provide assistance in a variety of areas, including employee relations, organizational/employee development, succession planning, compensation, staffing, benefits, payroll, alternative work arrangements, and recruitment.
The GW Organizational Chart allows you to view a real-time visualization of the university’s organizational structure that includes intuitive charts to view the entire organization or specific departments and groups, contact information for regular faculty and staff, and a search function to find regular faculty and staff by name or position title.
The GW Organizational Chart Instructional Guide (PDF) is provided help you effectively use and navigate the system. If you have questions about your position or manager in the chart, please contact your HR Business Partner.
GW's Career Path Program is designed to be your personal roadmap to career progression. The program provides a framework that groups jobs into families and subfamilies based on skillsets, allowing you to understand the different opportunities available at the university that are a fit for you. The framework also helps you identify and understand what skills are required for positions that you aspire to.
Through [email protected]GW - Learning, GW employees have access to a wealth of resources for trainings on a wide variety of topics. Find training to help you learn skills to help with your job performance, communicate with other employees, and much more.
The Employee Handbook contains a wealth of important information and resources for university employees. Within the handbook, you can find answers to many of your questions and also find out who to contact with further inquiries.
GWell is your center for employee wellbeing. We take great pride in creating a supportive work environment and understand that faculty and staff are our greatest asset. Our mission is to promote faculty and staff wellbeing by providing programs, policies, and resources to create a strong and healthy workforce.
ColonialTemps partners with departments at GW to assist with fulfilling temporary staffing needs. We take pride in offering reliable customer service to you, the hiring manager. Our knowledge foundation of GW and Human Resource Management and Development allow us to effectively analyze your staffing needs and provide the results you seek in a timely manner. From the moment you make contact with us, we will make your need our priority.
The Wellbeing Hotline - Resources For Living is an employer sponsored program, available at no cost to you and all members of your household. That includes dependent children up to age 26, whether or not they live at home. Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is a one stop shop for help with personal issues, planning for life events, or simply managing daily life.
2033 K Street, NW, Ste 750
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
Marvin Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052