HR Information Systems
The Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) team works collaboratively to develop strategies, infrastructure, and processes that provide for the timely collection and dissemination of employee data and information, enhanced capacity for distributed reporting, and support of data-driven decision-making related to human resources.
HRIS core services
- Process Improvement - work with other HR departments to plan, test, and integrate technology into existing and/or reengineered processes.
- Human Resource Reporting and Analytics - produce reports, data files and mailing labels for purposes of internal/external analysis, legal/compliance efforts, and communication to select employee groups.
- Maintenance of Employee Data and Records – electronically process and image employee data and documents; verify select employment and benefit-related information.
- Oversight of Employee Records Termination Process- work with Faculty Personnel/Affairs, Student Employment, Research Services and departments to monitor and approve, where appropriate, the termination of employee records.
- Promotion of Employee Self-Service – encourage employees to access their employment, benefit enrollment, pay, and direct deposit information via the web. Employees may also update their campus address as need using the GWeb Information System.
- Entry of Changes in Select Biographic Demographic Data – (EE Data Change Form) Assist employees with the maintenance of personal data such as marital status, name changes, and update of Social Security numbers.
- Employment Eligibility (Form I-9) process - work with departments to ensure the timely collection and reverification of employment eligibility.