Here at GW, our community includes individuals of many unique backgrounds whose contributions build the momentum that makes GW a great university and a great place to work. We strive to build a strong sense of community that supports excellence across our academic programs and campuses.
We want working at GW to be an experience that gives each individual the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. Here in Human Resources, we aim to attract talented people who connect to and support our mission of excellence in teaching, research, and community engagement.
Learn more about what makes our community unique
Human Resources exists to support the larger mission of the university in teaching, research and community engagement. We are committed to developing and maintaining a workplace that supports our diverse body of faculty and staff and that upholds each of the university’s values. Collectively we serve as advocates for the GW community to consistently provide discreet, valuable and personalized service that is timely and responsive.
Find out how Human Resources is working to support you in your GW career.
Human Resources Guiding Principles
- Use critical thinking to identify potential solutions
- Be flexible, agile, resources, and innovative
- Align service to mission/vision/goals of client organization
- Take accountability for outcomes
- Identify ways to be of assistance to others
- Embody collaboration and communicate clearly
- Align actions to maximize the quality of service delivery
- Provide data, metrics, resources to facilitate transparency
- Share opportunities for improvement
- Be dependable, respectful, and trustworthy
- Provide responsible stewardship of university resources
- Embody GW values
- Prioritize efficiency
- Resolve problems in a timely manner
- Maintain a collegial environment
- Get to know your colleagues
- Strive to maintain a work-life balance
- Show appreciation to colleagues
Rice Hall, Suite 101
2121 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20052