GW offers two primary retirement savings plans:
- The 403(b) Plan for employee contributions
- The 401(a) Plan for university base and match contributions
Employees can choose to invest their contributions with two retirement providers, Fidelity Investments and TIAA. You are in control of your future - changes to your contribution rates, retirement investments and retirement providers can be made at anytime of the year.
Please note: Investment values will fluctuate so that an investor's units, when withdrawn, may be worth more or less than the original cost.
Retirement consultants from Fidelity and TIAA are available several days each month to meet with GW employees to discuss their retirement savings goals and learn more about the plans.
- The Retirement Enrollment Guide (PDF) provides information about the 403(b) and 401(a) GW retirement plans and instructions on how to enroll
- The GW Retirement Plan Brochure (PDF) summarizes how the university's 403(b), 401(a), 457(b) and 457(f) retirement plans work together
- The Investment Performance Summaries reports the recent performance of the investment options available to GW employees who participate in the retirement plans at GW.
- Fidelity Learning Center, for Fidelity provided resources and webinars on a range of retirement savings and financial topics
- TIAA Financial Insights, for TIAA provided webcasts on a range of retirement savings and financial topics