Do you have a great candidate in mind for a job at GW? Effective January 1, 2022, you may be eligible to receive monetary recognition for referring exceptional candidates to vacant jobs at the University. Research shows that people who join organizations through referral programs tend to perform better, stay longer, and above all, fit well with the culture and share in the organization’s values. GW is excited to offer this new opportunity to our staff!
To be eligible for the referral program, candidates must:
- Apply and start a regular benefits eligible staff or research position (non-temporary).
- Lack prior employment with the university, i.e. Candidates who previously held a temporary, teaching assistant position, or other previous GW employment are not eligible.
- Candidates previously employed in limited-term positions are eligible candidates.
To be eligible for a referral bonus, staff must:
- Be in a regular benefits eligible position (i.e. not a temporary hire, affiliate, contractor, etc)
- Still employed with the university at the time of payment
In addition, eligible staff must NOT be:
- Involved in the hiring process of the position
- In direct or indirect oversight of the candidate being referred
- In violation of our Nepotism Policy
- A current employee of HRMD
Referral Bonus Amount and Timing:
- Eligible staff will receive a $1,000 referral bonus, subject to tax withholding, after the successful start date of the new employee. The referral bonus will be paid as soon as practicable, based upon the timing of the new employee’s date of hire and the payroll calendar.
Contact the GW Talent Acquisition team at [email protected].
2013 H Street, NW, 3rd Flr
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
University Student Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052