TravelConnectSM is a comprehensive program that can bring help, comfort, and reassurance if an employee or their eligible dependent(s) faces a medical emergency while traveling 100 or more miles from home. The program includes coordinating and providing transportation to the nearest medical facility if the current facility is inappropriate to treat the medical condition, monitoring medical care and recovery, and coordinating travel and airfare home once an employee or their eligible dependent is deemed medically stable for safe transport.
GW employees, as well as the employee’s eligible dependents, who are covered under group life and/or AD&D insurance policies issued by Lincoln Financial are eligible to use TravelConnectSM services.
Lincoln’s TravelConnectSM program, supported by On Call provides the following benefits to the employee and their eligible dependents, including, but not limited to:
- Evacuation: coordinating and paying for a safe evacuation when a natural disaster, political or security threat occurs.
- Emergency pet boarding and/or pet return: coordinating and paying for the return of the employee’s dog or cat if the employee is hospitalized for three or more days and their pet is left unattended.
- Return of traveling companion: coordinating and paying for a one-way airline ticket if the employee’s traveling companion loses previously made arrangements caused by the employee’s medical emergency or death.
- Vehicle return: coordinating and paying for the return of the employee’s personal vehicle to their primary residence in the event the employee has a medical evacuation, medical repatriation or passes away while travelling.
- ID recovery assistance: If the employee’s identity is compromised while travelling, On Call will notify credit card companies and all three credit card bureaus. In the event the employee’s passport is stolen while travelling internationally, a meeting with the consulate will be scheduled for emergency passport replacement.
You may access TravelConnectSM 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year by contacting On Call International for support at (866) 525-1955 or [email protected].
You may also access online travel and security information through On Call International’s Travel Health and Safety Gateway.
A full description of services, conditions, limitations and exclusions are available in the TravelConnectSM program description.
- Benefits Programs
- Health Benefits
- Time Off and Leave
- Retirement Benefits
- Tuition Benefits
- Life & Disability
- Group Legal Program
- Well-Being and Discounts
- Postdoc Benefits
- Benefits Vendor Contact List
- The GW Benefits Enrollment System
- Benefits Enrollment and Changes
- Commuter Benefits
- Annual Reports
- Benefits Events
- News and Announcements
- Benefits Advisory Committee
- Benefits Programs
2013 H Street, NW, 3rd Flr
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
University Student Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052