Controlling and Monitoring Expenses
In the course of getting the job done employees may have work-related expenses. As a manager, it is your job to oversee and monitor work-related purchases and spending made by employees, and one of your key financial responsibilities is expense report reviews and approvals, including P-Cards, iBuy, and Expense Reimbursements.
As a manager, you are expected to:
- Review and approve expense reports for your direct reports and ensure timely submission for members of your team.
- Review invoice and payment requests, approve and submit to Finance.
- Monitor purchases in your area(s):
- Review vendor invoices.
- Ensure timely submission of invoices to your Finance team for processing.
- Assess recurring purchases to identify opportunities for cost-savings and leveraging purchasing power.
- Ensure that purchases are necessary to meet priorities.
For question and additional information, schedule a one on one with your Finance Director to understand your responsibilities.