Financial Well-Being Week - May 17-21
From May 17 – 21, we invite you to join Benefits and our benefits’ partners for a week of lunch-n-learn seminars to reflect on your goals and evaluate your financial well-being.
New! 529 Partnership and Program
Benefits has partnered with 529 representatives from DC, VA, and MD to bring employees a special webinar on 529 college savings plans. The webinar is an informational session that will explain the benefits of 529 plans for higher education, private K – 12 education, and student loan reimbursement.
Already participating in a 529 Plan? We encourage you to join and learn about benefits you may be missing out on that can help you get the most from your plan.
- Monday, May 17 at 12pm: Get a Head Start on Your Savings Plan (TIAA)
- Tuesday, May 18 at 12pm: Steps to Recover from a Financial Setback (Aetna)
- Wednesday, May 19 at 12pm: Preserving Your Savings for Future Generations (Fidelity)
- Wednesday May 19 at 1pm: The 411 on 529 College Savings Plans (529 Representatives)
- Thursday, May 20 at 12pm: Investing Your Health Savings Account Funds (PayFlex)
- Friday, May 21 at 12pm: Getting and Keeping Good Credit (Aetna)
Virtual Retirement Fair - April 8
Are you curious to learn what retirement may look like for you and your family? Or, perhapsy you are curious to learn if you are on the right track towards retirement?
We invite you to join Benefits and our vendor partners for a day of programming centered around retiring from GW. Seminars will discuss important steps to take towards retirement, social security, retirement income planning and more.
Our Lunch-n-Learn seminar at Noon is designed for employees at any career stage who wish to learn more about the NetBenefits resource from Fidelity.
Register below for sessions:
- 10 a.m. - Transitioning from Career to Retirement (Presented by TIAA)
- 11 a.m. - Retiring from GW (Presented from GW Benefits)
- 12 p.m. - Ask Fidelity - Learn about NetBenefits.com and the tools/resources available to you (Presented by Fidelity)
- 1 p.m. - Medicare Supplemental Plans (Presented by Via Benefits)
- 2 p.m. - Social Security in Retirement (Presented by Fidelity)
Virtual UnitedHealthcare 1:1 Monthly Appointments
UnitedHealthcare can meet with GW plan members one-on-one regarding their medical and/or vision plans. If you have a question about plan claims, network, website and/or benefits.
- January 13 - 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- February 10 - 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- March 10 - 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- April 14 - 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
You can book appointments online and you will receive a calendar invite confirming your time. Prior to your appointment, you will receive a Webex invite from our UHC rep, Jessica Wachter.
Ongoing Retirement Counseling
Retirement consultants from Fidelity and TIAA are available on campus by appointment to assist you with enrolling in the GW retirement plans, understanding the plans and available investments, creating your savings plan and reviewing your account balances. To make an appointment, contact your provider(s).
Make an appointment on Fidelity's website or call 800-642-7131
24 Hour Service: 800-343-0860
Make an appointment on TIAA's website or call 866-843-5640
24 Hour Service: 800-842-2776
2033 K Street, NW, Ste 750
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
Marvin Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052