Simple Therapy - Wednesday, May 18 at 12 p.m.
Reduce Pain and Impact Energy, Mood and Happiness through Exercise
Join GW Benefits and Simple Therapy as we explore the intersections of mental health and pain, share how exercise can make an impact and provide an overview of the Simple Therapy program, currently provided to all GW Medical Plan participants (age 13+) at no additional cost.
Join here: Simple Therapy
Understanding Your Retirement Plan and All it Has to Offer – Thursday, May 12 at 11:30 a.m.
Your GW retirement plan is an essential part of your future security. Learn how it works, from contributions to investment options, so you can make the most of this important benefit.
Register here: Understanding Your Retirement Plan and All it Has to Offer
Saving Through Roth Contributions in My Retirement Plan – Tuesday, May 24 at 12 p.m.
Understand the options for saving pre-tax or after-tax (Roth) money in your GW retirement savings plan so you can decide what's right for your situation.
Register here: Saving Through Roth Contributions in My Retirement Plan
Financial Wellbeing Week - Monday, May 23 to 26
May is Mental Health Month and financial-well-being plays an important role in our overall mental health. Budgeting, managing debt, and financial planning can often times make us feel uncertain or anxious about being unprepared. From May 23 through May 26, we invite you to join us and our vendor partners are hosting financial-focused webinars to give you a moment to reflect on your goals and evaluate your financial health.
See webinar schedule for more information.
Virtual UnitedHealthcare 1:1 Monthly Appointments
UnitedHealthcare can meet with GW plan members one-on-one regarding their medical and/or vision plans, or if you have a question about plan claims, network, website and/or benefits.
- May 18 - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- June 15 - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- July 13 - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- August 10 - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- September 14 - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
You can book appointments online and you will receive a calendar invite confirming your time. Prior to your appointment, you will receive a Webex invite from our UHC rep, Jessica Wachter.
Ongoing Retirement Counseling
Retirement consultants from Fidelity and TIAA are available on campus by appointment to assist you with enrolling in the GW retirement plans, understanding the plans and available investments, creating your savings plan and reviewing your account balances. To make an appointment, contact your provider(s).
Make an appointment on Fidelity's website or call 800-642-7131
24 Hour Service: 800-343-0860
Make an appointment on TIAA's website or call 866-843-5640
24 Hour Service: 800-842-2776
Faculty & Staff Seated Massages
Whole Body Concepts will resume monthly massages on both the VSTC and Foggy Bottom campuses. Take 10 minutes to focus on self-care and step away from your computer.
- May 18 - University Student Center, Room 301
- July 13 - University Student Center, Room 403
- August 10 - University Student Center, Room 403
- September 21 - University Student Center, Room 403
- October 19- University Student Center, Room 403
- November 16 - University Student Center, Room 403
- December 21 - University Student Center, Room 403
Virginia Science & Technology Campus
- May 24 - Multipurpose Room, B77B
- June 28 -Multipurpose Room, B77B
- July 26 - Multipurpose Room, B77B
- August 23 - Multipurpose Room, B77B
- September 27 - Multipurpose Room, B77B
- October 25 - Multipurpose Room, B77B
- November 22 - Multipurpose Room, B77B
- December 20 - Multipurpose Room, B77B
2013 H Street, NW, 3rd Flr
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
University Student Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052