Traveling from VSTC to Foggy Bottom Campus
In order to accommodate those who may occasionally need to travel between campuses, we encourage use of the Loudoun County Commuter Bus or the Innnovation Center Metro Shuttle.
The Innovation Center Metro Shuttle is $1 for GWorld card holders (must be presented when boarding), and stops at multiple locations on the Ashburn campus and travels to and from the Innovation Center Metro Station.
For more information on GW's Commuting and Transportation benefits, please visit the Transportation and Logistics Services website.
Full-time, part-time, student and temporary GW employees who are otherwise not eligible for benefits are eligible to participate in pre-tax commuter benefits including Metro Transit, Metro Parking and Select Pass.
- SmartBenefits can be used for Metro transportation and parking or transferred to non-Metro providers.
- Off-campus parking enrollment/changes are submitted via the GW Benefits Enrollment System. Reimbursements for off-campus and occasional on-campus parking are submitted through Bank of America .
- Per IRS regulations, qualified parking expenses must be substantiated and reimbursement requested within 180 days of incurring the expense. Any expenses submitted after 180 days of being paid are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Example: A member has an expense from January 12, 2024, they have until July 10, 2024 to submit the claim for reimbursement.
- For information regarding on-campus contract parking contact Parking Services.
When Your Commuter Parking Benefit Program Ends:
Participation in the Pre-Tax Parking Benefit Program ends on the last day of the month you either end your employment at GW or lose benefits eligibility.
- Eligible claims must be submitted for reimbursement within 180 days of the claim date.
- Expenses incurred within 180 days of your coverage end date will be eligible for reimbursement, and must be substantiated within 180 days of incurring the expense.
- If you still have funds in your parking account after 180 days from your coverage end date, the funds will be forfeited