The Time Off and Leave guide (PDF) provides details on paid time off and leave of absence programs, including eligibility, accrual rates, manager tips and more.
Faculty should contact the Office of Faculty Affairs and Medical Residents should contact the Office of Graduate Medical Education for additional programs.
Note: The university observes several holidays throughout the year, including Winter Break. Please review the holiday schedule for further details.
All eligible employees* use the Kronos time reporting system to request and manage their paid time off.
To help you navigate the system and accurately manage your time in the system, we recommend that you reference the Kronos Resources section below for tip sheets, organized by employee type and action. GW Police Department employees covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement and medical residents, please continue to use your departmental time off tracking system.
TRS (Kronos) Resources
- Kronos 101 (PDF)
- Processing Your Employees' Time Off Requests (PDF)
- Submitting Paid Time Off Requests (PDF)
- Cancelling Approved Time Off Requests (PDF)
- Checking Your Time Off Balances (PDF)
- Checking Your Fiscal Year Time off Usage (PDF)
- Submitting Weather Flex (PDF)
- Submitting Pandemic Time (PDF
- Editing Holiday Hours (PDF)
- How to Delegate in Kronos (PDF)
- Kronos Notification Email Forwarding (PDF)
- Benefits Programs
- Benefits Enrollment and Changes
- Commuter Benefits
- Annual Open Enrollment
- Annual Reports and Forms
- Benefits Events
- News and Announcements
- Benefits Advisory Committee
2033 K Street, NW, Ste 750
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
Marvin Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052