At GW, we stand committed to helping our faculty and staff with life's challenges. It is important that we remain focused on our health and take time out of our day to practice self-care. Headspace, the mindfulness app, is available to benefits-eligible faculty and staff. This daily tool provides meditation, sleep, movement exercises and kids programs.
What is Headspace?
Headspace is the most evidence-based mindfulness product on the market with programs that can improve your daily life. If you have never meditated before, Headspace has a 10-day beginner’s course called the Basics that will teach you the essentials of meditation. You can also explore a variety of themes such as health, work, relationships, and more.
How Do I Join?
Benefits-eligible GW staff and faculty can sign-up today using these simple instructions.
- Sign up using your computer or device, such as a tablet or iphone. To use on a tablet or phone, the Headspace app will need to be downloaded first.
- Only your @gwu.edu email address can be used to sign up and verify that you are a GW employee.
Helpful tips and tricks:
- If you're new to meditation, take a few minutes to get inspired with this video.
- Tried meditation before but not sure it's for you? Learn why a second chance is worth a try.
- Hear from Headspace's CEO, Andy Puddicombe, why self-care is important during a crisis.
- Watch Jimmy Fallon interview Andy Puddicombe about the benefits of mindfulness.
- Use the Headspace journal (PDF) to track your progress and capture thoughts as you work on incorporating mindfulness
Please refer any technical or troublesohoting inquiries to Headspace for Work support team via [email protected].