At GW, we stand committed to helping our faculty and staff with life's challenges and that commitment is stronger than ever during the current period of uncertainty. As we go through this shared experience as a world and community, it's important that we remain focused on our health and take time out of our day to practice self-care.
Headspace, the mindfulness app, is now available to benefits-eligible faculty and staff. This daily tool provides meditation, sleep, movement exercises and kids programs. "Weathering the Storm" is a specially designed section in response to the unique stress caused by the pandemic. While it is our hope that giving you access to this resource provides you with some immediate support, the importance of caring for your mental wellbeing extends beyond our current situation.
What is Headspace?
Headspace is the most evidence-based mindfulness product on the market with programs that can improve your daily life. If you have never meditated before, Headspace has a 10-day beginner’s course called the Basics that will teach you the essentials of meditation. You can also explore a variety of themes such as health, work, relationships, and more:
How Do I Join?
- Benefits-eligible GW staff and faculty can sign-up today using these simple instructions. The app is available through April 19, 2021.
- Sign up using your computer or device, such as a tablet or iphone. To use on a tablet or phone, the Headspace app will need to be downloaded first.
- Only your @gwu.edu email address can be used to sign up and verify that you are a GW employee.
Helpful tips and tricks:
- If you're new to meditation, take a few minutes to get inspired with this video.
- Tried meditation before but not sure it's for you? Learn why a second chance is worth a try.
- Hear from Headspace's CEO, Andy Puddicombe, why self-care is important during a crisis.
- Watch Jimmy Fallon interview Andy Puddicombe about the benefits of mindfulness.
- Use the Headspace journal to track your progress and capture thoughts as you work on incorporating mindfulness
Please refer any technical or troublesohoting inquiries to Headspace for Work support team via [email protected].
As with all third-party websites, GW strongly suggests you review the privacy notices or policies of Headspace, as GW’s policies will no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and information gathering practices.
2033 K Street, NW, Ste 750
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
Marvin Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052