In accordance with the District of Columbia Human Rights Law, GW provides faculty and staff accommodations for lactation. The university will accommodate requests from employees who need to express breast milk during the workday, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the university's breastfeeding and lactation support policy.
GW offers several lactation rooms which provide new mothers with private, secure spaces to express their breast milk. Unless otherwise noted, the spaces listed are open to all GW community members on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Foggy Bottom Campus
- Corcoran School of the Arts and Design, 500 17th St NW, #153
- Duquès Hall, 2201 G St. NW, #156A (near the cafe and all-use restroom)
- Jacob Burns Law Library, 716 20th St NW, #B201A: Available to faculty, staff and students of the GW Law School with access to the Jacob Burns Law Library.
- Old Main, 1922 F Street NW, #206
- School of Public Health, 950 New Hampshire Ave NW, #B118 (Level B1): Available to faculty, staff and students with access to the School of Public Health.
- Support Building, 2025 F Street NW, #105
- Ross Hall, 2300 I St NW, #203A1: Available to faculty, staff and students with access to Ross Hall.
- School of Engineering and Applied Science, 800 22nd St NW, #2950: Available to faculty, staff and students with access to the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Room is located in the Dean’s Suite.
- University Student Center, 800 21st St NW, #2WM2 (2nd Floor, next to the women’s bathroom)
6110 Executive Blvd., Suite 750, Room 754B: Available to faculty, staff and students with access to the Biostatistics Center. If room is locked, please contact the HR group at 301-881-9260.
Mount Vernon Campus
- Academic Building, 2100 Foxhall Rd NW, #319
Virginia Science and Technology Campus
Enterprise Hall, 44983 Knoll Sq, #393: If room is locked, please contact the Enterprise Hall security guard on the ground level lobby.
Innovation Hall, 45085 University Dr, #110A
Research Place, 45155 Research Pl, #240AN