Employee Assistance Program
Talkspace Available Through the GW EAP!
GW's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available at no cost to you and all members of your household (including dependent children up to age 26, whether or not they live at home). The service can assist you with a range of needs - from finding daycares in your area to confidential counseling (up to 5 sessions).
Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To get started, you have three options:
- Visit my.gwu.edu. In the upper left corner, select sign-in.
- Under Working tab, select Employee Assistance Program - formerly known as the Wellbeing Hotline.
- Visit resourcesforliving.com using:
- Username: GW-Wellbeing
- Password: Yourlife
- Call toll-free: (866) 522-8509 or TTY: (888) 879-8274
CONFIDENTIAL COUNSELING - SOMEONE TO TALK TO
Use up to five counseling sessions* with licensed network professionals at no cost to you; you don’t have to worry about copays or deductibles. Counseling sessions are available in-person, by phone or via televideo. This no-cost counseling service helps you address stress, relationship and other personal issues you and your family may face. Highly trained Masters and Doctoral level clinicians will listen to your concerns and refer you to in-person counseling and other resources for:
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Relationship/marital conflicts
- Problems with children
- Job pressures
- Grief and loss
- Substance abuse
- *Per person, per issue, per year (As an example, if a person has five different issues in a year, they are eligible for five free sessions for each of those issues.)
WORK-LIFE SOLUTIONS - DELEGATE YOUR “TO-DO” LIST
Our work-life specialists will do the research for you, providing qualified referrals and customized resources for:
- Childcare, parenting and adoption
- Care for older adults
- Moving and relocation
- Household services
- School and financial aid research
- Pet care
- Home repair and improvements
FINANCIAL, LEGAL AND IDENTITY THEFT RESOURCES - DISCOVER YOUR BEST OPTIONS
You and members of your household have access to legal, financial and identity theft professionals who can help resolve issues and concerns that may arise in your life.
Recording: Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Orientation for Managers
Listen to the August 4 webinar with GW's Senior EAP Account Director, Jen White, to learn how managers can:
- Recommend the EAP to direct reports.
- Identify if an employee may need support and how to recommend the EAP.
- Schedule a management consultation.
- Seek EAP assistance for personal work/life needs.
Recording: Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Orientation for Employees
Listen to the August 6 webinar with GW's Senior EAP Account Director, Jen White, for an overview of the several ways the EAP can support employees and their families:
You will learn how to:
- Use the EAP to help support your work/life needs (childcare searches, legal needs, financial planning, etc.).
- Initiate a 5-week counseling session at no cost.
- Find resources/webinars within the EAP that are available at no cost.
- Navigate the GW EAP website