Use the following details to make changes to your benefits if you experience a separation or divorce:
Remove your spouse from your health, dental and vision insurance
- Complete your enrollment change online via Easy Enroll. Please keep in mind that a copy of the divorce decree or legal separation document validating this qualifying event must be provided to Benefits within 60 calendar days of the divorce date
- You can change the health, dental or vision plan(s) in which you or your family is enrolled. If you are adding dependents to your health plan(s); documentation will also be required to verify dependent eligibility and must be submitted within 60 calendar days from the divorce date.
- Insurance premiums are not prorated. Regardless of the date of divorce, you are financially responsible for the entire month of insurance premiums.
Remove your spouse from life insurance
- Waive your spouse life insurance via EasyEnroll.
- Change your life insurance beneficiaries through EasyEnroll.
Effective Date of Changes
- If approved, changes made to your benefits due to a divorce or legal separation are effective the first of the month following the date that Benefits receives your supporting documentation - as long as it is received and your online changes are completed within 60 calendar days from the life event.
Change your personal information
- Update your home address in GWeb if you have moved.
- Change your name with GW by submitting a Data Change Request form along with supporting documents to [email protected].
Update your beneficiary information:
2033 K Street, NW, Ste 750
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
Marvin Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052