After two years of benefits eligible service, full-time faculty and staff are eligible for GW Paid Short-Term Disability.
The GW Paid STD benefit covers:
- 50% or 100% of the employee's benefits eligible salary, up to 166 calendar days, after 14 calendar days of disability.
The benefit amount is based on years of service and employee type at the time of disability.
Eligible full-time faculty and staff will be automatically enrolled in the GW Paid STD benefit plan effective the first of the month coinciding with or next following the employee's anniversary date. If enrolled in the employee paid Voluntary Short-Term Disability plan, the voluntary benefit will end once the GW Paid STD benefit becomes effective.
The Voluntary Short-Term Disability Plan through Lincoln Financial provides:
- 60% benefits eligible salary replacement, up to a maximum of $3,000 per week up to 150 calendar days, after 30 days of disability.
The following employees are eligible to participate in the VSTD plan:
- Full-time faculty and staff with less than two years of benefits-eligible service
- Part-time faculty and staff (Part-time staff have a six-month eligibility waiting period.)
- Medical residents
Eligible employees can enroll in Voluntary Short-Term Disability:
- Within 30 calendar days of new hire
- When transferring from a benefits-ineligible position to a benefits-eligible position
- During annual Open Enrollment
- Benefits Programs
- Benefits Enrollment and Changes
- Commuter Benefits
- Annual Open Enrollment
- Annual Reports and Forms
- Benefits Events
- News and Announcements
- Benefits Advisory Committee
2033 K Street, NW, Ste 750
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
Marvin Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052