Castlight is a free service for GW employees, spouses and adult dependents covered under the university PPO or HSP medical plan through UnitedHealthcare.
Watch this short video to learn about Castlight your personal healthcare information destination. With Castlight, see all your GW benefits and programs in one place, create your personal care team, track claims, manage your healthcare spend, stay on top of your preventive care visits and screenings, and so much more! At the end of the video, scan the QR code or text APP to 35925 to download the app and register, and make your health and wellbeing a top priority.
Castlight and COVID-19
Castlight includes a vaccine navigation feature that:
- Provides a self-service chat, which will help employees understand eligibility requirements and guide to nearby providers with available vaccines
- Provides the most pertinent vaccine information with proactive outreach to connect employees to available resources
- Addresses the most common questions around vaccines, including eligibility, safety, effectiveness, cost, and more
Castlight helps you get the most out of your health plan and benefits by allowing you to:
- Save on the care you need. Find doctors, hospitals, medical services and prescriptions. Compare them by cost and quality. Learn more about finding the care you need with the Castlight Quick Start Guide.
- Understand your plan. See simple descriptions of your medical and pharmacy plans and what’s covered.
- Review past expenses. Learn where you are in your deductible phase and how much you paid and why, so you can plan for the year ahead. You can also easily see your current balances for your Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Make smart choices. Receive personalized recommendations based on your past care and in-network options.
- You can access Castlight, online or through the mobile app. Castlight is provided at no cost to employees and their spouses and adult dependents enrolled in a GW medical plan.