UHC Maternity Support Program
If you are pregnant and covered under a GW Medical plan, you are eligible (and encouraged) to participate in the UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Maternity Support Program at no cost.
The Maternity Support Program is designed to work for all mothers, no matter what the pregnancy journey looks like. And, if your pregnancy is considered high risk, a nurse can help connect you with the care you need.
- 24 hour support available through myuhc.com/maternity (Note: You must log into your myuhc.com account).
- Online maternity courses — You will have access to a wide range of topics based on your needs. Topics include preconception, nutrition and exercise, warning signs, things to avoid, fetal development, preparing for childbirth, breastfeeding, infant care and more.
- Dedicated maternity nurses for high-risk pregnancies — Experienced obstetrics nurses will help determine what, if any, risks or complications could arise during your pregnancy and will provide you with one-on-one support for high-risk cases.
- Post-delivery support — After birth, outcome assessments are conducted for delivery, mother’s well-being and postpartum depression.
You have the opportunity to earn financial incentives simply for participating in the Maternity Support Program. You will receive:
- $100 if you enroll during the first trimester of your pregnancy, complete the Maternity Support Assessment and one of the seven online courses on myuhc.com/maternity
- $75 if you enroll during your second trimester, complete the Maternity Support Assessment and one of the seven online courses on myuhc.com
- An additional $150 for completing all seven online courses on myuhc.com/maternity within 4 months of delivery
Note: Only the pregnant participant can receive financial incentives.
Faculty and Staff incentives will be paid via GW payroll after timely enrollment in the program, timely completion of the required Maternity Support Assessment and timely completion of the required courses on myuhc.com/maternity. (Incentives for a dependent participant will be paid via GW’s Accounts Payable department.)
Postdoc Associate and Scholar incentives will be paid after timely enrollment in the program, timely completion of the required Maternity Support Assessment and courses and the postdoc has provided GW Benefits with confirmation of their enrollment or course completion (e.g., screenshot or welcome letter from UHC). The postdoc medical plan is fully insured by UHC therefore UHC is unable to provide enrollment or course completion information to the Benefits office due to privacy rules.
- Postdoc associate incentives will be paid via GW payroll.
Postdoc scholar incentives as well as any postdoc dependent incentives will be paid via GW’s Accounts Payable department.
Get started by visiting myuhc.com/maternity and completing the Maternity Support Assessment. You can also access the program (PDF) as part of your healthcare recommendations from UHC once you begin using prenatal care health benefits.
- If you are considered high-risk, you will be contacted by a maternity nurse and provided access to digital maternity courses on myuhc.com/maternity.
- If you are considered low-risk, you will be provided access to digital maternity courses on myuhc.com/maternity.
Advocates remain available by calling the number on the back of your UHC member ID card.
Reminder – After your baby is born, you have 60 calendar days to add your baby to your benefits coverage.