As you are settling into your new position, our resources will help you take full advantage of all GW has to offer. From professional development to entertainment events, the GW community provides you with support to help you make a smooth transition both professionally and personally.
Important Milestones and Requirements:
- The first 180 days of your employment constitute your Introductory Employment Period (IEP). Learn about the Introductory Employment Period (IEP) and proactively schedule a time to meet with your manager to discuss your performance.
- Learn about tuition remission for GW employees. After the completion of 180 days of employment, you and your eligible dependents are eligible for tuition benefits. Discover a wide variety of options for auditing or taking classes for credit at GW.
Connect with Your Department:
- Get tips and guidance for new managers to help you manage more effectively.
- Set goals. Learn about SMART goal setting and collaborate with your manager to create goals to build the foundation for successful performance.
- Learn about the wealth of professional development resources available to you, including self-guided learning, team trainings, team process support, other training available throughout the university, and online training.
Get to Know GW:
Rice Hall, Suite 101
2121 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20052