HRIS staff work in conjunction with Divison of IT to test, validate, document and implement enterprise HR systems. Enterprise systems currently used by Human Resources include:
Implemented in 1995, Human Resources uses Banner HR to record employment, benefits, deductions, and wage payment information. Authorized departmental administrators may request access to view select employment and budgeting information for their departments by completing a Banner Access Request form. Medical Center requestors must obtain a signature from the Office of the Associate Vice President for Health Economics.
Implemented in 2006, the HR Personnel segment of GWdocuments provides for an electronic repository and workflow enabled processing of employee documents. Currently, the central employment offices Career Center, Faculty Personnel/Affairs, Office of Research Services, and Human Resources may access these records. Future plans may provide for departmental access to select document types. In the interim, authorized requestors may contact HRIS to request copies of documentation.
Implemented in 2008, the PeopleAdmin system serves as the university's applicant tracking and position management system. PeopleAdmin provides for electronic processing through the position management life cycle from development of tasks and creation of position through recruitment, selection and reporting. Departmental administrators requiring access to and training for PeopleAdmin should contact the Workforce Recruitment Office at at 202-994-9630.
Change in Status (CIS) - Termination Workflow
Implemented in 2005, the CIS-Termination workflow:
- Eliminates the need for paper forms for terminations, which allows terminations to be processed at more timely manner.
- Reduces the probability of terminated employees receiving overpayments in salary due to slow paper terminations processing.
- Increases awareness of the status of actions with email notifications at each stage of the termination process.
- Requires the user to enter only 8 data items relative to the terminating employee (the workflow provides the rest of the information) and reduces the probability of data entry and other errors.
- Expedites approval of forms or easy access to make changes if desired.
- Benefits from increased security by ensuring that only select employees have access to the workflow.
- Tracks the status of terminations.