What is the GW Steps Challenge?
From May 2nd to June 2nd, faculty and staff can compete individually to achieve 200k steps (or more!). Virtual badges will mark your progress as you achieve intermediate step goals and step leaders will be entered into a raffle to win prizes.
You can register at any point during the challenge, but we recommend registering early so you can participate from the beginning.
How do I register?
- You will receive an invitation from corporatefitness.app to join the GW Steps Challenge.
- Using your mobile device, click on the link in that email to download the app and get started.
- You will have the option to track on the computer via a link in the corporatefitness.app email as well.
- If you did not receive your registration link, please email [email protected] for assistance.
What if I already track my steps?
Corporatefitness.app integrates with major fitness trackers. Use the “Connections” feature to sync the app or to your tracker or watch, and it will automatically update your progress.
From your smartphone:
- Click the person icon at the bottom of your screen.
- You should see a list of app or device options.
- Select your app/device and follow the steps in the app to sync.
From your desktop:
- Click the person icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Connections.”
- Select your app/device and follow the instructions on the site to sync.
Q: I can't find my invite email.
Check your inbox and spam folder for an email from corporatefitness.app. If you can't find it, email [email protected] and we can re-send your email.
Q: How do I connect my fitness tracker?
Device-specific instructions and troubleshooting tips are below:
Q: Why didn't my activity count towards my results?
There are some common reasons this might happen:
- The activity doesn't meet the event setup; e.g., outside of the challenge dates or invalid speed/pace. Check to make sure the dates of your activity are within the May 2 - June 2 window.
- You haven't actually joined the event yet. Ensure you are registered using your invite link.
- You have accidentally created a second profile and are adding the activity in a different profile than the one which was connected with the GW Steps Challenge. Contact [email protected] for help deleting the extra profile.
2013 H Street, NW, 3rd Flr
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
University Student Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052