It is GW’s goal to ensure that our community is in a healthy and safe environment and we are committed to providing resources to staff who test positive for COVID-19. Currently, staff who are designated to return to campus, including intermittently, (known as “Campus Cohort”) are required to participate in routine testing for COVID-19 by the Campus COVID-19 Support Team (CCST).
- Register to be tested on-campus by CCST. You can find information on how to register and which testing centers are available for appointments by visiting the GW Fall 2020 website. Please log into the medical portal using your GW email and password (check out this step-by-step guide (PDF) for guidance). Please do not show up to the testing center without an appointment.
- All staff members who receive a positive COVID-19 test will be expected to isolate for at least 10 days and will not participate in the routine testing for 90 days. Please review isolation guidance for GW employees (PDF). Occupational Health, as well as the GW Campus COVID Support Team (CCST), will follow up within 24 hours.
- If you receive positive test results from the GW CCST testing, you will be given a medical statement from GW’s Occupational Health Program provided by the Medical Faculty Associates (“MFA”) to provide to your HR Business Partner.
- If you receive positive test results from your personal health care provider, please ensure that your personal health provider provides you with a medical statement confirming that you tested positive for COVID-19. Please give the medical statement from your personal health care provider to the MFA at [email protected]. The MFA will send you another medical statement that you should give to your HR Business Partner.
- Immediately notify your supervisor that you are ill or experiencing symptoms. If you are able to begin a period of telework, you may initiate a teleworking request with your supervisor. If you need to use leave for at least the period stated in the medical note, inform your supervisor and notify them that you will be emailing a medical statement within the next few days to your HR Business Partner. You can discuss your time off or leave eligibility directly with your supervisor or your HR Business Partner. You can also directly contact Benefits at [email protected].
- Please do not share any medical information with your supervisor and/or specifically inform your supervisor that you tested positive. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your HR Business Partner (HRBP).
- Please do not share any medical information, including positive test results with your colleagues or other GW administrators or departments outside of MFA. Either your supervisor and/or HRBP will discuss the option of working remotely if you are medically able to do so.
- Before resuming any activities on campus, staff members will need to be cleared by Occupational Health.
If you are not amenable to taking the COVID-19 testing based on your religion, please contact the EEO & Employee Relations Office at [email protected] or (202) 994-9656 to request a religious accommodation. You may also complete the Religious Accommodation Request Form and submit it to the above email account.
- COVID-19 Workplace Resources
- Employee Handbook
- Manager Resources
- Equal Employment Opportunity & Access
- HR Information Systems
- HR Forms
- HR Support Systems
2033 K Street, NW, Ste 750
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
Marvin Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052