It is GW’s goal to ensure that our community is in a healthy and safe environment and we are committed to providing resources to staff who test positive for COVID-19. All staff members who will require any campus access, even intermittently, are required to get tested monthly. If you are part of this group of staff members, you are required to participate in routine testing for COVID-19 by the GW Public Health Lab.
- Make an appointment to be tested on campus. You can find information on how to make an appointment, testing center locations and operating hours on the GW Onward website. Please log into the medical portal using your GW email and password (check out this step-by-step guide (PDF) for guidance). Please do not show up to the testing center without an appointment.
- All staff members who receive a positive COVID-19 test will be expected to be isolated for at least 10 days and will not participate in the routine testing for 90 days. Please review isolation guidance for GW employees (PDF). Occupational Health, as well as the GW Campus COVID Support Team (CCST), will follow up within 24 hours.
- If you receive positive test results from the GW Public Health Lab, you will be given a medical statement from Occupational Health provided by the GW Medical Faculty Associates (“MFA”) to provide to your HR Business Partner.
- If you receive positive test results from your personal health care provider, please ensure that your personal health provider provides you with a medical statement confirming that you tested positive for COVID-19. Please give the medical statement from your personal health care provider to Occupational Health at [email protected]. Occupational Health will send you another medical statement that you should give to your HR Business Partner.
- Immediately notify your supervisor that you are ill or experiencing symptoms. If you are able to begin a period of telework, you may initiate a teleworking request with your supervisor if you do not already have one on file. If you need to use leave for at least the period stated in the medical note, inform your supervisor and notify them that you will be emailing a medical statement within the next few days to your HR Business Partner. You can discuss your time off or leave eligibility directly with your supervisor or your HR Business Partner. You can also directly contact Benefits at [email protected].
- Please do not share any medical information with your supervisor and/or specifically inform your supervisor that you tested positive. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your HR Business Partner (HRBP).
- Please do not share any medical information, including positive test results with your colleagues or other GW administrators or departments outside of Occupational Health. Either your supervisor and/or HRBP will discuss the option of working remotely if you are medically able to do so.
- Before resuming any activities on campus, staff members will need to be cleared by Occupational Health.
If you are not amenable to taking the COVID-19 testing based on your religion, please contact the EEO & Access Office at [email protected] or (202) 994-9656 to request a religious accommodation. You may also complete the Religious Accommodation Request Form and submit it to the above email account.
- Manager Guidance
- Workforce Planning
- Recognition and Team Building
- University Policies for Employment
- Return to Campus Checklists
- Caring For You During COVID-19
2033 K Street, NW, Ste 750
Washington, DC 20006
Faculty & Staff Service Center
University Student Center, Ste 242
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052